Monday, February 13, 2006

New Beginnings

The last couple of weeks have seen two significant changes for Coriel. First, I left my guild. Second, I left my server.

(I also respecced to 0/27/24, but that proved to be a horrible, horrible mistake. I respecced back to 20/0/31 as soon as I got enough gold.)

I'd been with my guild, Defender of the Crown, for a long time. Months, in fact. I joined as a level 10 paladin killing murlocs in Elwynn Forest. I was one of the first 60s in the guild, and spent a long time waiting for enough 60s to start raiding. Curiously, though, the start of regular raiding was what led me to quit the guild. The problem was that DotC was, in the end, a primarily Australian guild. We started raiding the 10-man instances regularly, but on Australian time, which was quite late for me. And the time difference just proved too hard to overcome.

I actually feel quite sad about leaving my guild. The people were really nice, and I have a lot of good memories.

Anyways, I was guildless, and just pvping occasionally and casually inquiring into joining a raiding guild, when Blizzard opened transfers from Bronzebeard to Eitrigg. I wasn't having much luck in finding a raiding guild (most guilds were full on paladins), and the queues were getting very long, so I jumped ship.

Now, I'm on Eitrigg, looking for a guild. In the meantime, I've been helping farm Silithid carapaces for the Ahn Qiraj sceptre questline. It's amusing, and is actually pretty good money if you skin.

I do want to write up a couple of posts. One on pvp and one on some end-game thoughts. Hopefully, I'll get to them sometime this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment